Leg sling is an important part of a patient lift. It is placed under and around patients who have mobility issues to assist them to move safely from a bed, wheelchair, toilet, or shower. Furthermore, it helps reduce possible injury for both the patient and caregiver.
Nowadays, there are numerous famous sling brands and various materials, configurations, colors, and styles which makes you confused. However, to help you make the best choice, we are going to review top 5 best slings in details. So don’t worry, just keep calm and read it until you find the best one!
5. Drive Medical Divided Leg Patient Lift Sling
The Drive Medical slings are meant to securely and comfortably lift patients during a floor-style lift. It is manufactured using durable material which is resistant to deterioration caused by frequent washing. The sling’s split-leg design structure makes Drive Medical Divided Leg Patient Lift Sling ideal when it comes to bed-to-chair transfers.
- Leg divided and 4 sling points
- Not require optional straps and chains while using this sling
- Weight capacity of up to 450 lbs
- Strongly constructed from nylon
Withstand wear and tear caused by frequent use.
The fabric makes this sling is able to withstand deterioration.
Ensure safety during transfers.
Ideal for chair-to-bed transfers and commode transfers.
Some users find that it can hurt neck area
Who should use it?
Both healthcare experts and home-based caregivers can use Drive Medical Divided Leg Patient Lift Sling. It can be good for bed-to-floor lift styles but it also enables comfortable chair-to-bed transfers and chair to commode transfers.
4. Drive Medical Padded U Sling
This padded sling is a good accessory for floor lifts. It has four sling points and has a padded headrest. The Drive Medical Padded U Sling doesn’t require additional straps or chains to offer support and can withstand a weight capacity of up to 600 lbs.
- Made from polyester and is strongly built
- The use of optional straps and chains is not a must
- Used for transferring patients from beds to chairs and also for floor-to-bed transfers.
- 4 to 6 cradle points
Scroll Down For Pros & Cons!
- Strong and durable
- Safeguard users during transfers.
Padded head support to ensure maximum comfort.
- Used to change position and move from beds to chairs with minimal support
Used with almost all body lifts available in the market.
- Can support a weight capacity of up to 600 lbs
You must have prior training before you start using this sling
Who Should Use It?
Keep Reading to Know Better Slings!
3. Invacare Mesh Patient Lift Sling
This sling comes in different designs to suit different client needs. The reliant sling has a unique, padded fabric which is soft but offers support.
Has a brushed lining which prevents slides and accidental falls during lifting. It is stretch resistant material helps the sling to retain its original shape.
- Strong enough to withstand heavy lifting.
- Made from a durable polyester mesh.
- A sling with a one contour design.
- Can support both light and heavy patients
- Eases repositioning and offers superior support.
- Offer patients with a secure and comfortable support.
- Prevent falling and sliding during movements and lifting
- Retain its shape during lifting
- The soft lining on this sling protects patients’ skin
A fully-padded fabric forms a supportive and soft surface.
Who Should Use It?
2. Invacare R101 Large Reliant Divided Leg Sling
The Invacare R101 Large Reliant Divided Leg Sling can be used together with Invacare i-lift Series lifts. This divided leg sling is made from polyester and it also offers head support.
- A wide opening makes room for toileting
- A brushed finishing prevents slides and falls
- Strong enough to accommodate bed transfers to and from chairs, wheelchairs and shower chairs
- Fully padded to offer a smooth but supportive surface
- Fitted with 3 supportive straps on both sides which increase safety while using this sling
- Offer maximum support while putting into consideration patients with delicate skins.
- 3 straps on each side provides maximum safety
- Ease of detaching the backrest and the contoured headrest while the patient is still seated in the wheelchair
- Offer full neck and head support
- Can also be used in dry or wet environments
This divided leg sling supports a weight capacity of only about 450 lbs.
Who Should Use It?
The Invacare R101 Large Reliant Divided Leg Sling is the best for people who are partially or fully dependent. Patients with limited head control can also use this sling.
Now, Let’s see Which the Best Sling is!
1. DriveMedical Full-Body Patient Lift-Sling
This sling has four sling points and can work with any floor lift. It doesn’t require any optional strap or chain. The sling can withstand weights up to 600 lbs.
This Drive Medical Full Body Patient Lift Sling can be used to support individuals during bed transfers and lifting. Inspect it for wears tears and fraying before a patient wears this sling. This is because using a worn out sling can cause falls or slides which can lead to serious injuries or even death.
- A mesh design with 4 sling points and 4-6 cradle points
- Not require optional straps and chains
- Made from polyester material.
- Strong, durable and can withstand repeat uses
- Home-based caregivers and healthcare professionals can lift and transfer patients safely and easily using this sling
- Made with a strong material to guarantee patient safety at the same time providing the patient with comfort
It has a limited warranty of six months.
Who Should Use It?
This Drive Medical Full Body Patient Leg Sling is ideal for caregivers at home and health care experts to transfer and lift and move patients safely.
Still get confused because there are too many good choices. Don’t worry. Here are some suggestions to help you choose the perfect one.
Our Pick: The Drive Medical Full Body Patient Leg Sling can be a perfect choice. It is strong and durable and has a warranty of 6 months. It is perfect for caregivers at home and health care experts to transfer and lift and move patients safely.
Also Great: Invacare Mesh Patient Lift Sling can also be a good choice for you. Although you are light or heavy, this kind of sling can provide you with a secure and comfortable support.
Our Best Choice: Our best choice is Invacare R101 Large Reliant Divided Leg Sling. This is because it owns outstanding features. Moreover, it can be used for heavy patients with limited head control.